Thursday, April 9, 2015

A Summery Splash of Color



It was time for my Easter wreath to come down.


I grabbed the coral window frame from last summer and painted it yellow.


Hudson "helped," telling me what pink spots I'd missed and how many squares were on the window. I love turning my little projects into learning times for him. On our walk this morning, he saw the window hanging on the door and said, "The yellow window! I painted it!!" I said, "Well, Mommy painted it" and he said, "No, Hudson do it." Just think of all the projects I could complete if he was capable of repainting stuff!

The watering can that used to hang with the window frame is currently decorating a shelf. So, I whipped up a quick book page wreath with some left-overs from MOPS (See the tutorial here). It was fun to mix some of the different colored pages.


I also threw in a few leaves made from $5 Dime rolls. Slowly, but surely, I am using up those 1,000 wrappers. (See other projects with them here, here, here, here and here.)


This paper wreath may not last long outside. It is under an overhang, which will help with the rain. My other book page wreath lasted several months outside. And even once it's ruined or blows away, I am comforted by the fact that it originally came from the free bin at McKays. I can always make another one.  It's just another excuse to be creative!




No comments:

Post a Comment