Friday, October 7, 2011

Book Page Wreath

A few people have asked...so I'll tell you. When I revealed my front door makeover, there was an interesting wreath on the front door.


It's one I made myself from Dollar Tree supplies. I followed a simple online tutorial found here, by Jone's Design Company.


Her instructions and pictures were just what I needed to complete my masterpiece. I used a random book from the Dollar Tree that had the text spaced in an attractive way. Or, you could simply snag a book from the free box at McKays (if you live near Chattanooga). I also found a green foam wreath at the Dollar Tree to use as my base. The entire project took about 45 minutes - and I am thrilled with the results. I am in the process of making a different wreath for the front door - once that is complete, I will find a new home for my beloved book page wreath.

You may have also noted the rug in front of the door. After seeing this idea on Pinterest, I fashioned one myself. When you look at the rug from one angle, it says "Come in," but from the opposite angle it says "Go away."  It just seemed like a fun way to use some of the leftover paint from the front door.


Have you used any interesting supplies to make a wreath lately?

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny about the outdoor rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the front door makeover! And that mat is totally genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you, Katie. Your front door was an inspiration to me - Joni shared it with me during my hunt for the perfect shade.

    ReplyDelete