Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pom-Pom Flower Arrangement

Last month, when I made this pine-cone wreath, I couldn't decide if I was really ready to decorate for fall yet or not.


I decided to make something fall-ish for the kitchen table. It didn't scream "SUMMER" but it wasn't pumpkins either.

At our first MOPS meeting (you can read about that here), I had decorated my craft tables with some pom-pom flowers in my milk glass vases.


I used the same idea on my kitchen table, setting the vases on my great grandmother's cast iron griddle. I love to use a tray as a base for a centerpiece. It can make a lot of little items seem like they belong together. It's also easy to move everything off the table for a meal or for cleaning.


I put rice in the bottom of the vases to help in the positioning of the flowers.


For the flowers, I used these pom-pom makers (large size and small size), I know there are tons of tutorials out there for making these on forks or your fingers. But these cheap pom-pom makers are one of my favorite craft tools. They make uniform sized pom-poms every time. I have made wreaths and bunting with these pom-poms too.  They also make adorable "bows" for gifts.


After making the pom-poms, I simply stuck a bamboo skewer into the center of each one. The rice helped me to be able to set the flowers at different heights in the vases. I love the contrast my table cloth offers as well (purchased here).

As you can see in this post, I have since embraced fall, setting pumpkins throughout my house. But I am still enjoying my mustard colored pom-pom flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment