Thursday, May 2, 2013

The tables were set with care...

Last year, I had the wonderful privilege of participating in Twin Oaks' Ladies Friendship Tea (remember the event here and here).

This year, a random trip to visit family was planned (more pics here)...and it just so happened that I got to attend the event again!




I love to be able to "do ministry" with my mom - (Yes, I wore shoes to the event...this was just afterwards).


And I brought a date (a.k.a., my son Hudson)... I think he was the only "man" in attendance.


It was a blast to be up at the church the night before as the ladies set their tables.





I heard Martha Stewart say that the reason you make your table look pretty is to ensure that your guests feel treasured and special.





And as the ladies entered the room Saturday morning, there was a great sense of excitement.






We may be grown up, but deep down, every girl still loves a tea party!

 








I love seeing the creativity and individuality of each table. I would love to be able to decorate a table of my own with my Fiesta dishes. However, Jeremiah may not feel as enthusiastic about trying to get 8 place settings safely from Tennessee to Virginia and then back home again.



I'm so glad that our God made us just like Him...creative!

"So God created human beings in His own image..." Gen. 1:27, NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment