Saturday, September 1, 2012

6 Ingredient Banana Bread

When those banana's turn brown, I get a little excited. Why? Because it means I have an excuse to make banana bread. I mean, I don't want that fruit to go to waste!!

My friend, Lauren, shared this simple recipe with me. I love the fact that it only calls for 6 ingredients, and it makes one loaf. Some recipes I have make multiple loaves, but this one makes the perfect amount for my husband and I to enjoy. 


Gather your ingredients:
  • 3 very ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • half a stick of butter/margarine
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 cup self-rising flour
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease one loaf pan. Mix your butter, eggs and sugar together until smooth. 


Mash your bananas in a separate bowl. I use my Pampered Chef Mix-n-Chop to get the job done quickly. And I like to leave a few little chunks in the bananas. Add the bananas and vanilla to your bowl and mix well. I got to use my vanilla from the Dominican Republic. I could sniff this bottle all day long! Thanks, Melody, for the yummy gift. 


Then, stir in your flour and pour your well mixed batter into your greased loaf pan. 

I chose to add a seventh ingredient to my loaf. I keep a sugar shaker from the Dollar Tree next to our toaster oven. Instead of buying the premixed cinnamon sugar, I mix my own. 


One 50 cent container of cinnamon and some regular white sugar. Then, we have it handy for cinnamon sugar on toast, or bagels, or popcorn...or banana bread! I like to sprinkle it evenly over the top of the batter to create a delicious crust. 


Then, bake your loaf for 1 hour in your preheated 325 degree oven. 


Al l that's left to do is enjoy your yummy bread!


And, I hang on to my dorm room knife made out of plastic. For some reason, it slices banana bread and brownies so well!


1 comment: