Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Little Bit of Dreaming...

Often, decorations in my house come from inspiration I've found in magazines and online (probably why I'm so addicted to Pinterest). I recently came across this gorgeous photo from here, House of Turquoise.
I'm completely in love with this eclectic style - from the ottomans covered in words to the crates for an end table! These colors do not go with my living room style at all, but I am looking frantically for ways to implement some of these ideas in my home. The wall color here, however, does match my kitchen...so....I'm thinking of painting the chandelier/light fixture over the kitchen table RED! 
The previous owners of our home had just put new light fixtures in the home - and it is a nice one, but it doesn't fit my kitchen style. I was hoping to change it out from day one, until I saw the same fixture at Lowe's for $144! It is a nice light - but not really "me."




The other night, Jeremiah said, "Just paint it red!" After seeing the above inspiration picture, I may do just that - I would also be in the market for some clear or frosted white globes. No decisions have been made yet - I'm still dreaming.

However, I am painting the front door this weekend. Read about my choices of color here, and wait for the big reveal!


2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for awhile now and always thoroughly enjoy it! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete