Thursday, February 1, 2018

changing our attitude...

O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!
Your glory is higher than the heavens.
You have taught children and infants to tell of your strength,
silencing your enemies and all who oppose you.
When I look at the night sky and see the works of your fingers -- 
the moon and the starts you set in place --
what are mere mortals that you should think about them, 
human beings that you should care for them?
Yet you made them only a little lower than God 
and crowned them with glory and honor. 
You gave them charge of everything you made,
putting all things under their authority -- 
the flocks and the herds and all the wild animals,
the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea, 
and everything that swims the ocean currents.

O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! 
Psalm 8, NLT

I know that the Word of God is alive and active and powerful (Hebrews 4:12). I know that God is omniscient. And I know that He orders our steps and directs our days. But it still continues to amaze me how His Word can be so in tune with my day! 

The kids are now in bed, the day is almost over, I am just now getting to have my time in the Word.  As I read Psalm 8, the passage mentioned in my Bible Study, I couldn't stop smiling, knowing that the Lord intended for me to meditate on this exact chapter at the end of this exact day. 

The morning seem to start before I was ready for it to begin. The day was full of wiping noses, filling juice cups and building train tracks. We had some adventures. We looked at some NASA pictures (Hudson's favorite thing)    


vs. 3  When I look at the night sky and see the works of your fingers -- 
the moon and the starts You set in place --

We did a little cleaning. We counted the robins in the yard and marveled at how God made them to know where to dig for worms. 

vs. 6-9   the flocks and the herds and all the wild animals,
the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea, 
and everything that swims the ocean currents.

O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! 

By dinner time, our home probably seemed like all other homes with small children. Dinner to bedtime is often a struggle. It's not impossible...but everyone is tired, today my kids weren't feeling well, its dark so early this time of year...I hate to admit, but I am often just counting down the hours until we begin the bedtime routine.

I scrambled some eggs for dinner, realizing that I needed an attitude adjustment for myself. I started to play some worship music. Music has always had such a powerful influence on my life. So, I started telling the Lord that I wanted Him to be the King of my Heart. It changes my whole day just to declare His goodness.

vs. 1  O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!


Less than 30 seconds into this first song, the kids were right there singing with me, twirling around the kitchen. Nora even had some silverware to use as her microphone.

We then praised the name of Jesus.

vs. 1  O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!



And at this point, the kids were asking for some of "their worship songs." As I finished dinner, I loved hearing their voices sing along.

vs. 2  You have taught children and infants to tell of your strength,
silencing your enemies and all who oppose you.




The kids were happy. Our focus was on the Lord. It was amazing what some spontaneous worship did to change our evening.

vs. 2  You have taught children and infants to tell of your strength,
silencing your enemies and all who oppose you.

Lord, You are worthy of all our praise. Your name leads me to worship. Thank you that your creation points to how great you are. Thank you that children's worship matters. I love that YOU are the One who has taught them to tell and sing of Your strength. 

Kid's worship matters. Focusing on Jesus changes everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment