Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Card Wreath

Sending and receiving Christmas cards is one of my favorite things. As a child, I can remember that my Nanny taped her cards around the door frames in her home. I can remember flipping through a huge stack of received cards at my Maw-Maw's kitchen table. And I remember watching my mom address card after card to send out to friends and family. A friend recently told me that she views Christmas cards as a way to send a hug across the miles.

I have chip clip racks that hold a lot of our cards, hooked onto the side of our hutch or kitchen cabinets. But I like to find new ways each year to feature the cards that we receive.

The other day, I picked up a $3 wire wreath form at Hobby Lobby. It had wired greenery ties already attached to the frame. The purpose of the wreath is to weave burlap strips to create a fuller wreath. But, I decided to repurpose mine.


Using clothespins, I have been clipping our cards onto the wreath form.


The "branches" are flexible, allowing me to bend the around the cards to make them more visible.




And if you wanted to make things even more festive, you could always add some washi tape to your clothes pins.


A regular wire wreath form would work in the same way, but I am loving the Christmasy touch that the bits of greenery add.


And if you are looking for a way to corral those rolls of wrapping paper, mine are hanging out inside an upside-down wooden stool.


Don't be afraid to repurspose items you already own - They say "Necessity is the mother of invention."


No comments:

Post a Comment