Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Choo Choo - Happy Birthday to you!

It's no secret that I love having family visit us! Several weeks ago, my parents stayed with us for a few days. While they were here, we were able to go for a fun train ride and celebrate my dad's 60th birthday.


I love discovering the fun activities that our city of Chattanooga has to offer. It seriously is an amazing place to live and visit. Last year, we visited the Tennessee Valley Railroad with Jeremiah's parents. I knew that it would be a fun experience for my dad's birthday.



Hudson loved waiting for the train to pull into the station.



The Missionary Ridge Local ride was perfect! We road several miles (even through a tunnel). We then watched as they turned the train around and refilled it with coal. And then, we road the train back through the tunnel to the starting point.




These historic trains are often used in movies, music videos and commercials. (See the list here) I loved experiencing the vintage feel of the ride (except we were sure glad for the air conditioned car).




We celebrated my dad all week long.




Lunch with friends and cupcakes at home.



I am proud to be the daughter of Terry Covey - he has encouraged me through life and helped point me to Jesus. He loves his family and loves the Lord. I am so thankful I was able to celebrate this special birthday with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment