Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Vintage Suitcase Puzzle Storage

My house is not always clean or organized. But I learned one lesson from my mom that has helped me keep my house manageable. And trick is...everything needs a place. It may not make it back to that "place" for several days. But when I have items with no home, that's when our house seems out of control and cluttered.


My kids love puzzles. At this point, Nora just likes to take them apart and Hudson likes to put them back together. I have had such a hard time coming up with an organized way to store the puzzles. I know they make handy little racks, but our puzzles are all different shapes. Some have big wooden handles on each piece. Some are thick. Some are thin. They are various sizes.


FINALLY, the problem has been solved!


 I lined a vintage suitcase with pages from a classic children's book.


I actually fit 24 puzzles in this suitcase yesterday (various sizes and thickness). We normally leave 4 or 5 puzzles under the coffee table, and now I can neatly store the rest of our puzzle collection.


I love that all the pieces are contained - no matter where I sit the suitcase, the pieces are safe inside. This would easily slide under a bed, under the coffee table or beside a bookshelf. The suitcase looks cute too.


And I don't have to worry about trying to neatly stack them in the cupboard.


It's a regular part of our living room decor now. 

I will have a few other refurbished vintage suitcases for sale in our instagram shop - CoveyCreations later tonight.


My sister and I will be selling fun items through this instagram profile. If you comment on the instagram post with your email address, we will send you a PayPal invoice. We'd love to have you follow us!

My kids are loving this suitcase storage - it seems almost like opening a treasure box each time we decide to get out the puzzles! And I am no longer having to try to keep all those oddly shaped knobs stacked nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment