Monday, October 19, 2015

MOPS Craft - Washer Necklaces

I am so thankful that God made us each unique. But I am also amazed that He made us in HIS image.
"So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; 
male and female he created them."     Genesis 1:27, NLT


I love to think about the fact that the same God that created the world put creative ideas in my head. "Crafting" may not be for everyone - But everyone is created in God's image in some way. We were challenged to be confident and content in our own skin - to find what we were made to do, and do it well. 

Last week, our craft had a little more steps but required no gluing or painting or using tools. 


Creative Ever After had already organized photo instructions for this craft. I was able to print out the instructions for each mom to use as she assembled her necklace. Her post was so informative.


Before the meeting, I purchased the washers online (here) - sixteen washers per necklace in the 1/4 inch size. I counted the washers out and placed the correct number in a little baggie.


I also pre-cut the 5/8 inch wide ribbon into 45 inch pieces. The instructions mentioned taping the end of the ribbon to keep it from fraying. I simply coated the ribbon ends with clear fingernail polish the night before.


After the moms got the hang of the process, the necklaces formed pretty quickly.



Some used these as necklaces and others used them as bracelets.


I hope that this craft can serve as a visual reminder of our speaker's words of wisdom.

Trying to be like everyone else always leads to insecurity.

Remember to see your gifts through God's eyes. - Let's encourage others
in their gifts rather than just trying to be like everybody else.

"Stay in your own lane." - Beth Moore

Pray that the Lord will help you to encourage your kids in the unique ways that
God has gifted them. Pray that God reveals those unique qualities to you as a parent. 
Encouraging them to be who God made them to be will instill confidence in your children. 

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex. Your workmanship is marvelous -- how well 
I know it."     Psalm 139:13-14, NLT

"Direct your children onto the right path, 
and when they are older, they will not leave it." Proverbs 22:6, NLT

"The Lord your God is with you. He is might to save. He will take great delight
in you. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17




No comments:

Post a Comment