Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Chalkboard Clipboards at MOPS

Finally...I was able to finally attend a MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) meeting at my church. We had been planning meetings, praying over participants and preparing crafts all summer long. But the kickoff meeting was just days after I had Miss Nora Lynn. This past Monday, I was finally able to join in on the fun.


I was greeted by adorably decorated tables and yummy snacks. Since our theme for the year is "Be You Bravely," each table had previously chosen a "brave" woman for their table name.

 

Some were Biblical. Some were fictional. Some were historical. All were brave women in their own way.




Our theme for this meeting was Finding the Significance in the Everyday. As a mom...there is a lot of monotony. There are a lot of times in which I feel insignificant. And there are definitely days when I feel inadequate. It seems there is so much pressure to be a certain type of mom. It seems every time I log onto Facebook, there is another article listed that makes me feel the things I'm doing as a mom just aren't good enough. Sometimes it seems all the other moms have it together and I don't measure up. Sometimes I feel like I will never measure up.



As a craft for this meeting. I thought it would be fun to make Chalkboard Clipboards. We wanted to keep the cost down for the crafts yet make something useful and cute.


Using some painter's tape, sticker letters, chalkboard paint, foam paint brushes and clipboards - this project cost less than $1.50 each.




And, I am now obsessed with that scalloped painters tape! It comes in chevron too. I bought myself a roll of the scalloped - I am just trying to decide where to use it in our house.




 



After applying two thin coats of chalkboard paint, the ladies peeled off their stickers and tape.

Some then chose to further embellish their clipboards with fabric flowers and ribbon.



Other ladies added a piece of twin to tie on their chalk.

I don't know what the other moms might use their new memo boards for,but I plan to use mine to encourage myself to find significance in those everyday tasks. Sometimes a pretty to-do list or an organized place for my grocery list and coupons is just what I need. Other days, I might write a verse or a quote on my board.






I found myself encouraged by the other moms in attendance, inspired by their ideas and comments during discussion and excited to attend future meetings.

All moms need a break and a place to find a little encouragement. I look forward to our next time together.  

2 comments:

  1. How fun for you! And your significance during the day many days could be helping out this new momma because we all know I need it some days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are doing a fabulous job! I love our constant conversation!

      Delete