Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Baby Hospital Bed Bunting

Those last few weeks before I had Nora, I felt a little stir crazy each evening. Since Hudson had arrived almost two months early, I was a little anxious to get this baby home after my 32nd week. So, to combat my restlessness, I would craft.

One night, I pulled out some felt that I had on hand, cut out little shapes and made some bunting.


Since I'd pick my hot glue gun over my sewing machine any day, I simply hot glued these felt pieces to the string (baker's twine).

Source
I knew those baby hospital beds are usually pretty plain - and I thought this would be the perfect element to add a little color.


Draped across that clear bed side, I think it added a cute element to Nora's sleeping quarters.


I had originally made a little hair clip to go along with her bunting.


Since I had forgotten to use it in the hospital, I had a valid excuse to take her picture with the bunting here at home.


This was a quick and easy project. I am thinking it might be an adorable element to add to my baby gifts in the future. Plus, it is a great way to use up scrap fabric and felt. Even if it is just used for a photo or two in the hospital, every baby deserves a little bed decor. 

1 comment:

  1. I love how well this bunting turned out! Would be great to use up any fabric that doesn't ravel. Nora is precious just like her momma!

    ReplyDelete