Friday, May 17, 2013

It's a different Mother's Day...

I've celebrated Mother's Day all my life. I praise the Lord for blessing me with such a wonderful, godly mom.

 It has also been a day to praise the Lord for my awesome grandmothers.  I've said it before - my family is fantastic! I love celebrating those special ladies on this special holiday. I am so thankful for their influence.

All those little things that my mom has taught me through the years has molded me into the woman I am today.


"As for you, Titus, promote the kind the living that reflects wholesome teaching...
Similarly, teach the older women to live in a way that honors god. They must not slander
others or be heavy drinkers. Instead they should teach others what is good. These older 
women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their
children, to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good,
and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God. 

And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind.
Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching.
Teach the truth so that your teaching can't be criticized. Then those who oppose us will 
be ashamed and have nothing bad to say about us."
Titus 2:1, 3-5, 7-8

"I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you
This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when 
I laid my hands on you."
2 Timothy 1:5-6


But this year, Mother's Day was totally different...because of this little guy.


This year, I was able to celebrate BEING a mom.


All those long nights of lost  sleep are worth it when my baby smiles at me.

When he snuggles when he is sleepy or giggles at my kisses, my heart melts.

I thank the Lord for the mighty privilege of raising Hudson. Even now, I am trying to fill his life with good things - reading Bible stories together, singing Christian songs to him, taking him to church, praying with him and for him.


Even this morning, I prayed that he would come to love Jesus soon! I will do all I can to lead him in that direction. I pray that he sees that Jesus is important to me. What a privilege to influence this little life. I see it as more than just someone who needs me to feed and care for him - it's a life that I have the opportunity to influence - it's a little boy that I hope to raise to be a godly man.

Thank you, Hudson, for the opportunity to be your mom. I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment