Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'm still here...I promise!

I know, I know...my blog posts have really slowed down. But I figure I have a pretty good excuse. Crafting and blogging and deal seeking seem to have drifted to the bottom of my priority list. (Although we have racked up over $80 in our next Ebates check with some recent baby purchases...What is Ebates? It's a way to get cash back on online purchases. Sign up here. It's free and safe). I have many ideas for projects, but I haven't painted anything or been thrifting in almost 2 months! Can you believe it?

Instead...I stare at this little guy all day, making sure he's happy, fed, and clean!


But today while I was at the doctor's office, I was asked to give my email address. That led to a discussion about my blog...and I suddenly had the urge to work on a project of some kind.

Side Note: I was given a great report today at my 6 week checkup. And, I was able to stop taking my blood pressure medication. Praise the Lord! I am feeling like myself these days. I can't believe we have had our little "early bird" for almost 7 weeks now. Friday, the 18th was my original due date. (If you missed the amazing story of Hudson's birth, you can catch up here.)



So, when we got home, I organized under the changing table. (Read about how I was able to get this for free and paint it to match my free crib here).


Hanging up infant clothes is just not practical. I feel as if I am changing him 3 to 4 times a day. So, I would rather have his change of clothes close at hand. As he grows, I am sure I will transition to hanging more of his attire. But for now, I love having sleepers and onesies in baskets right under the changing table. I would like to have all matching baskets, but I was amazed at the number of unused baskets I had in the basement.

I also put some of Hudson's everyday items in a little bucket I had picked up at Target for 25 cents.


Hudson is now sleeping 5ish hours at night. (And I think it is amazing!!) This morning, when we got up at 6:15 a.m., I decided it might be nice to have a bit of a routine. And...I decided to start reading to and rocking him after he is fed and changed. This morning we started one of his Bible story books. I know he is too small to comprehend what I am reading, but I was encouraged to read of how God took care of Noah and his family because of their obedience. I love the idea of Hudson and I having our little devotions each morning in the rocking chair. Why not establish this habit from the start?


My mother in love recovered the glider cushion for me to match the bumper pad. I am in love with the fabric I found at Joann's. And I love the fact that she is an amazing seamstress.  Hudson has taken a little nap in the crib, but he is sleeping regularly in his pack-n-play and swing. He gave a nod of approval towards the bumper pad, though.


She also made a little door-quieter. Later, when Hudson is old enough to sleep regularly in his crib, this will keep him from hearing us shut the door.



Since Hudson arrived almost 2 months early, I was not finished with his room AT ALL!!! While my mom was staying with us, she helped me get it to a functional state. She is an incredible organizer. And I honestly haven't done much more to the room since she left. I am still planning to add a bookshelf from IKEA (Hudson's early arrival postponed my IKEA trip too). And since I don't have all the furniture in place, I have yet to hang things on the wall. So for now, all my art is stacked up against the walls...waiting.


The early bird is also starting to focus on items in front of him. I can tell he will intently watch the mobile on his swing. Today, I was thinking about how boring this space must look to him. Notice his perspective from the changing table.



I am working on a solution. An idea for a mobile is in the works. And, I will get some fun things on the peg board soon.


Today, Hudson weighs 5 pounds and 15 ounces. We continue to give God the glory for the progress he has made.

 

They didn't measure him today (it was just a quick weight check). But I think he looks longer. Some of his preemie sleepers don't fit anymore. Either he grew or I shrunk them in the wash. (It was most likely a little of both!)

Tonight, I just may work on a project or two. I hope to get his room looking more finished and less like a storage room.  Items on the wall will definitely help with this. I love to hang things on the wall (Well, I love for Jeremiah to hang them on the wall...I just point and say "A little to the left" or "A little higher." I'm glad I have such a talented, helpful husband. )

This past weekend, my sister and niece visited. Pippa made herself at home in Hudson's room.  She figured since he wasn't able to play with his toys, she would. 


She wasn't quite sure what to do with a crying baby, though. 

So, once again, I am still here. I will still blog...it just may be a little less frequently these days.  I'm just enjoying being a mom. 

And loving on this little guy. 


Because he won't be little forever. 

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him.
Psalm 127:3, NLT





3 comments:

  1. I recognize that book! You can read just the top line and skip the bottom an it still make sense. I love that book!

    Can't wait to see the nursery all done. Great potential in the making!! Really, I think it already looks great...maybe that is my problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know that about only reading the top of each page. So neat! Thanks for the book!

      Delete
  2. Love the nursery...especially the fabric!!! He is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete