Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bacon Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball

I love bacon. I love cheese. I love cream cheese...So, it's no wonder that I also love this new cheese ball recipe my neighbor/BFF introduced me to.

I try to provide a different/fun snack each week for my Bible study girls on Monday evenings. Last night, they got to be the guinea pigs for this yummy treat. 



Martha Stewart once said that the reason you set your table is to make your guests feel special and appreciated. We may meet in the lobby of the girl's dorm, but with a fun table cloth and some yummy snacks, I hope that the girls feel that I treasure my time with them each week.  

Since the snack was a hit last night, I decided to share the recipe for you to enjoy as well. 

INGREDIENTS:
1 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese (I used the low fat kind)
1/2 packet of Ranch dip mix (I used 1 1/2 Tbsp of Ranch mix from the recipe mentioned below)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Cooked Bacon - crumbled (I think I made 6 pieces...5 to cover the cheese ball and one for me to eat on the spot. It was too hard to resist.)

I tried a new recipe for the Ranch dip mix rather than purchasing the packet. I had tried this one before, but I was not completely satisfied with the end result. This time, I tried the recipe found here. I loved the taste it gave to the cheese ball. It may become my default recipe from now on. 

Simply combine the ranch mix, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Once the mixture is consistent, form into a ball. Cover the ball with the crumbled bacon pieces. Enjoy!



I provided an assortment of crackers for my girls to choose from. I also sat out my craved Wasabi Peas and some dried apricots for some variety (and in case they girls didn't care for the cheese ball). 


I should have taken an "After" picture to show how we demolished the cheese-ball. It was that good! 

This recipe would be super easy to double if you were planning to take it for a larger group to enjoy. 

What easy but delicious snacks have you used for your gatherings? How do you like to make your "guests" feel welcomed and special?

Last week, I popped popcorn on the stove for the girls.  It is such a cheap way to pop corn - I now have a hard time justifying paying for the microwave kind. Plus, I think the stove top tastes more fresh and requires less salt. 


After giving them each a paper bag, the girls were able to season the popcorn according to their liking.



 Some used just salt. Some garlic salt. Some cinnamon and sugar. 

I've found that it doesn't require a lot of effort to let someone know you care. And if bringing a few funky dishes, a quick snack and a tablecloth will make my girls a little more excited about Bible Study - then I'm all for it! 





1 comment:

  1. You are making me want some bacon...and some popcorn. Not sure that is a good thing!

    I love your heart for the girls that you are reaching out to!

    ReplyDelete