Friday, April 13, 2012

DIY Ranch Dressing Mix

I am planning to make a new recipe tonight, Cheesy Chicken Ranch Lasagna. If it turns out amazing, I will post the recipe this weekend. After looking over my list of needed ingredients. I realized that I did not have a package of the Ranch Dressing Mix on hand. I have been meaning to try to make a homemade version of the seasoning for some time. This seemed to be the perfect opportunity to try it out.

The recipe is from 5 Dollar Dinners and can be found here.

Pic from here.

Since this is something that I use often, I doubled the original recipe. I had all the spices needed on hand, and they were all either found in the 50 cent spice section at Walmart, or the 99 cent spices at Aldi. In the end, this is way more cost effective than buying those little packets. 

INGREDIENTS
4 tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried dill
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp pepper
dash of salt

To make this mix into a dressing, you can combine 1/3 cup mayo and 1/4 cup milk with 1 tbsp of the mix. You can also substitute Greek yogurt for a healthier, thicker dip. Sour cream combined with the mix makes for a great veggie dip.  If you're feeling that the Ranch flavor is not as strong as you desire, just add more of your mix.

I'm now curious to try Lydia's DIY Taco Seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment