Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What a great idea!

I love to browse Pinterest for project ideas. Sometimes, I look for decorating inspiration, and other times, I'm searching for a specific recipe. But I love the moments I see a pin containing a helpful hint, and I think, "Wow! What a great idea! I would have never thought of that!"

And so, I have compiled a few of my favorites here. 

1. Paper Plate Baskets (The original site is in another language, but the picture is descriptive enough)

Pin found here, via here
2. Throw-away shower cap keeps clothes clean when traveling with dirty shoes. (A reason to take the shower cap most hotels leave for you)

Pin found here, via Real Simple
3. Easy Tip to Paint around the toilet tank. (I actually tried this when I painted our bathroom a few weeks ago. Worked so well!)

Pin found here, via House of Hepworths
4. Use a Parmesan Cheese lid on a Mason jar. 

Pin found here, via Flickr
 5. Grow green onions (I plan to try this idea this week. I have some green onions in the refrigerator)

Pin found here, via Homemade Serenity
6. Keep a pot from boiling over by placing a wooden spoon across the top. (I have tried this and it worked!)

Pin found here, via A Small Snippet
7. Preschool Shoe Trick (No, I don't have to do this to my shoes, but I still thought it was a good idea for kids)

Pin found here, via We are THAT Family
8. Put a glowstick in a balloon for fun pool lanterns. 

Pin found here
9. Place push-pins into the object your painting to keep the edges from sticking. (I love a spray-painting tip!)

Pin found here, via In This Crazy Life 
10. An ordinary mason jar will attach to most blenders - making a fun way to do individual smoothies or fruity drinks. 

Pin found here, via Real Simple 
11. Use a cereal container as a car trash can

Pin found here, via Better Homes and Gardens
12. Use a shoe organizer as a way to store spray paint. (This is a favorite of my mom's)

Pin found here, via One Thrifty Chick
What tips have your found on Pinterest? 

1 comment:

  1. I love the little kid shoe idea! Also, I am going to have to save my next parmesan cheese lid! Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete