Thursday, May 31, 2012

Book Review: Peterson, Chasing the Sun

A few months back, I was introduced to a great program through Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group. Every few weeks, they make a book available for me to read and review. I love to read - and I also love knowing that I can trust a particular publisher. Since I can get lost in a fiction book, I like the fact that I can be comfortable with the material in the books from Bethany House.




Yesterday, I finished my first book - Chasing the Sun, Land of the Lone Star, Book One, by Tracie Peterson. Set in the Civil War era, I found myself quickly immersed in the historical aspects of living in Texas at this time. When Hannah Dandridge's father suddenly disappears, Hannah must determine the best way to protect her younger siblings and the ranch they call home. Close calls with Indians, traveling confederate soldiers, swindlers, and liars - Hannah's only answer to all the turmoil seems to be a marriage of convenience.

William Barnett, former owner of the ranch that Hannah's family calls home, returns to find that his land has been given away to the Dandridge family. Through strange events, he realizes that the ranch in now struggling to be run by the beautiful Hannah.

It was such a great storyline, following the hardships and triumphs surrounding Hannah and William. Read the book for yourself to see if they may be the answers to each other's problems.

I will be looking for the other books in this series! I am thankful for this opportunity to read great Christian books - There's nothing quite like getting lost in the pages of an intriguing book. Too bad the library doesn't have a summer reading program for adults!

If reviewing Christian books seems like something you may be interested in, you can see if you qualify here. You will need to be able to post a review to your own site (such as a blog) as well as to a retailer's site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment