Monday, December 12, 2011

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Goodness

I'm a fan of salty snacks - salt and vinegar potato chips, pickles, cheese dip, etc. I will usually pass up dessert for a bowl of chips (Especially the Carolina BBQ Utz chips that are $1 at my parent's Dollar General - too bad we can't get them in Chattanooga!)

But Sunday afternoon, I started wanting something sweet. Last week I found the simplest looking recipe on Pinterest, and I thought I'd give it a try. Jeremiah, being a chocolate lover, was definitely OK with it!

The original recipe was from Mama Loves Food found here.

Ingredients:


  • large roll of chocolate chip cookie dough (I had 2 small packages of the break-apart kind, and it worked just fine)
  • chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate and white chocolate)
  • chopped walnuts (optional - I didn't have any, so I left this ingredient out)
  • vanilla ice cream (a must - this dish is super rich)
Step-By-Step
  • Press half the cookie dough into the bottom of a greased pie plate.

  • Sprinkle a layer of chocolate chips and chopped walnuts over the cookie dough.

  • Crumble the remaining half of cookie dough over top of the chocolate chips.

  • Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes, until the top of the cookie pie is turning a golden brown.

Pin It


  • Allow to cool for about ten minutes, then serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

 Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment