Wednesday, November 23, 2011

You're Enough for Me

I've had my share of pitty-parties. Usually, the reason for the pitty-party derives from me wanting what someone else has or because I've compared myself to someone else.

Image from here.

As I read in Joshua last night, the Isrealites were being given their portion of the promised land. A set of land was given to each tribe - except for the tribe of Levi. I wonder if they felt left out? I wonder if any of them grumbled in there minds, wondering why they weren't given the same material possessions that the other tribes were given.

Why weren't they given any land?

"Moses did not assign any allotment of land to the tribe of Levi. 
Instead, as the Lord had promised, their allotment came from the offerings burned on 
the altar to the Lord, the God of Israel." (Joshua 13:14, NLT)

What a privilege, for God to tell  you that He would be all you need. I can't help but wonder if God is trying to teach me the same lesson - when I complain, or ask God for something different than what He has given me, I am essentially saying, "God, you aren't enough for me."  or "What you have given me is not enough."

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; 
but our sufficiency is of God;" (2 Cor. 3:5, KJV)

"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have."
(Phil. 4:11, NLT)


You're enough for me, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment