Monday, November 7, 2011

I need a plan...

Update: I have decided to do the 52 Week Plan! I've finished day one! And I'm loving where the Lord is leading so far. Here's a blog post from one of my traveling companions in this journey through the Bible.  

 Scripture comforts me - Scripture changes me.

Image from here

Image from here.
Image from here.
Image from here
Although these images on Pinterest are lovely - I've decided that I need to be saturated with more Scripture than what is found on my walls.  I'm currently using Come Away My Beloved by Roberts and Experiencing God Day by Day by Blackaby. I'm ready to add something to my daily devotions... I'm ready for a challenge. 

I've decided that in the next year, I am going to also read through the entire Bible. I have done this before - but not since my Dr. Kemp classes. Since there are 1,189 chapters - my grandmother reads about 3 chapters each day. But I need a more concrete plan.

I love lists (Read about my Autumn To-Do List here)...I love to cross something off! Gives me a great sense of accomplishment.  (I'll admit, I'm one of those people that often adds things I've already finished to my to-do list, just so I can cross them off).

I started to look online for charts to help keep me on course.

I'm torn between the One Year Bible or the Discipleship Journal Reading Plan -


Will any of you join me in the challenge? I plan to start December 1st.

2 comments:

  1. ME! I have the "My Utmost for His Highest" Bible from Charlie T. Jones that has a devotional, some OT, some NT and Psalms/Proverbs each day. I'll do it! ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete