Monday, November 21, 2011

But Wait, There's More...

As I read in Romans 5 and 6, I decided to make a list of the rewards of my faith in Christ Jesus. It felt as if I were watching an infomercial that kept adding on more products for the same price.
 

Even just one of these rewards of my faith would be worth it all, yet God in His goodness piles on the blessings!

My Rewards
  1. I have peace with God because of what Christ has done for me (vs. 1,9) 
  2. I am able to fully understand my position in Christ, no longer condemned, but forgiven (vs. 2) 
  3. I am able to confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory (vs. 2) 
  4. I can rejoice when hard times come my way because it helps me to produce endurance. ( vs. 3)

Endurance produces strength of character...which produces a confident hope in salvation...
which never leads to disappointment. ( vs. 4-5)


      5.  I have a friendship with God ( vs. 10)
"So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God 
because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God." (Rm. 5:11, NLT)

      6.  I can live in triumph over sin and death (vs. 17)

Verse 20 reminded me of the discussion of faith vs. the law from Romans 3 and 4.

      7.  I can be thankful for God's abundant grace.
      8.  I have eternal life (vs. 21)

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life 
through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Rm. 6:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment