Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Simple Sunday Afternoon Scarf

I've very proud of my newly learned sewing skill - gathering! My mother-in-law gave me a handy demonstration with a napkin one day at lunch. Once I understood the concept, I have been looking for all kinds of projects in which to use my basic sewing skills.  Yesterday, I successfully sewed kitchen curtains with the vintage fabric I received recently. Read that story here. Pictures of my kitchen will be soon be revealed.

I was telling a friend of my new sewing victory Sunday morning at church - she shared the idea of making a ruffled scarf. After lunch, I dug through a few of my still packed boxes of craft supplies and found a remnant of some yellow and white striped jersey fabric. After googling "Ruffled Scarf Tutorials" I followed these instructions from http://www.dana-made-it.com/. It turned out better than I had expected! The edges of my fabric rolled up beautifully - I did not have any elastic thread on hand, but regular thread seemed to work just as well. I sewed up the middle several times for added strength.

I usually find myself loving classic, plain clothing articles and accessories - but I just can't help being so proud of my ruffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment