Thursday, July 6, 2017

Let's decorate a wedding...

 It's amazing the encouragement and strength that can come from a person who knows you well and sees you through different phases of life. My college friend Melody is one of those treasured individuals. Melody and I spent countless hours studying together, taking classes together, painting signs together, praying together and sharing queso dip at Applebees. When she asked if I would be interested in helping her decorate her wedding, I was honored and thrilled to be a part of her day by doing something that I love.

We discussed her ideas, looked at pictures, painted signs, and assembled a few friends to help.


It was a breezy fall day in November. The trees were beautiful and her desire for "simple and rustic" matched the venue  perfectly.


Moss. Wood slices. Pine cones. Tree branches. Lanterns.




Gold frames. Chalkboards. Wrought iron.

 The decor items were simple on their own but made a beautiful collection together.  What a perfect picture of marriage! I pray Adam and Melody are better together!




The constant breeze from the water forced my decorating friends and I to be a little more creative - finding boxes and baskets to contain the cups, hot chocolate packets, and anything else that was blowing away.



Special friends and family members brought pies of all kinds to share at the reception.



The bread table beside the buffet lines quickly turned into one of my favorite reception details.


Bamboo skewer signs helped to label the different types of bread. And the Acts 2 verse seemed appropriate to prop up in the center of the table.  It was my gift to the couple, praying that their home would continue to be a place where friends gather and the Lord is honored.




The bride had this beautifully aged gold frame that we were able to turn into the perfect sign for her photo booth guest book instructions.







I loved watching the joy on my friend's face that day. Friends were gathered and the Lord was glorified.





Using items to decorate the wedding that reflected the bride's style kept costs low and made items reusable. Signs from the reception currently decorate her home.




Since your home should reflect who you are and what you love, wedding mementos make the best decorations.

I am so thankful for this 12 year (and counting) friendship. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day!


No comments:

Post a Comment