Saturday, January 16, 2016

New Year's Wreath/ Valentine Wreath

I love the Christmas clearance sections! It's almost just as thrilling as Christmas shipping. I love to look through the piles and try to think of ways I can use these cheap prizes for gifts next year. And sometimes, the decor isn't even "Christmas-only."  The wreath on my front door came from my Christmas clearance shopping this year.


I realize this is very New-Year's-Eve-ish! But I am just now getting around to posting this quick idea.

I picked up several strands of the sparkly tinsel garland in the Christmas clearance section. Three covered my wreath fully.


After wrapping the tinsel around a Styrofoam wreath form, I attached a sparkly gold bow with wire that was also part of the Christmas clearance. I think it was meant to be a gift topper.


I am sure that there are still some strands of red and silver out there in some clearance section. This would make an adorable valentine wreath!

The tinsel stayed in place without my having to glue it to the wreath. That means, I can use this wreath form for another project!


And the entire wreath cost me just a few dollars!

No comments:

Post a Comment