Thursday, August 13, 2015

Honey Bun Cake

My mother-in-law makes the most delicious cake - She's made this cake for us several times, but last night was the first time I attempted to make it myself. I was surprised by how easy the recipe is. I love the fact that I usually have all the ingredients on hand, making it the perfect, last-minute dessert. It would also be a delicious addition to a breakfast or brunch.


Last night, some friends stopped by, and I was happy to offer them a piece of this yummy cake.

Fix one box of yellow cake mix as directed. Pour into a greased, 9x13 baking dish. Preheat oven according to box directions.

In a separate bowl, mix together until crumbly: 

  • 1 stick of butter/margarine (softened)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
Sprinkle crumbly mixture over cake batter. Bake as directed on box. 

Mix one cup of powder sugar with a couple table spoons of water to make the icing. Keep adding small amounts of water until you reach a pour-able consistency. Drizzle over the top of the warm cake. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment