Thursday, May 28, 2015

Mossy Letters




It's no secret that I love the Dollar Tree. I am forever finding amazing deals on items...grocery, craft supplies, party decor, etc.  The other night, I spotted these moss covered "rocks." I didn't know what I would do with them yet, but I loved the idea of them. They were in the fake flower section right next to the fake fruit.

I enjoy plants around my house - bringing the outdoors in. I do not have a green thumb though. These mossy "rocks" seemed like a cute thing to stick in a white dish, and I didn't have to worry about them dying.

Today, I decided to try covering a wooden letters with the moss. Since they were made of foam, I just cut them in half.


This allowed the rocks to lay flat. It also made the two packs of four rocks each more than enough.


Hot glue held the foam on the wood.

Using a black sharpie, I colored in any white Styrofoam that was still visible.


I am working on a collage of items for my hallway. Several items have green in them. This should look great with the ensemble.


But for now, this C found a temporary home in my kitchen.


Since I had the letter on hand, this super simple project cost me $2. I love cheap yet satisfying crafts.
  And I loved finding a use for my latest Dollar Tree purchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment