Friday, December 19, 2014

When I Fell in Love with Mercury Glass

A few Saturdays ago, I fell in love with mercury glass. I've known about it and seen it around, but I never really thought it fit my style. But I have since changed my mind.


It all happened when I was invited to a friend's beautiful house for brunch.




While everyone else was filling their plates, I was snapping pictures around her house.




I am now on the look-out for a silver tinsel tree like the one in the picture above.

Her decor was adorable. Her food was delicious. It was such a fun morning.



She makes and sells cakes and macaroons. And her quiche was the best!


She had mercury glass candle sticks on the table. They were so pretty twinkling in the morning sunlight. And then...I spotted this little mercury glass mason jar candle. (She said she got it at Kohl's).


Yesterday, I took a mini-vacation to Target in order to finish up some Christmas shopping. There, on a clearance end-cap was a large mercury-glass-looking jar. I grabbed it up, looking over my shoulder to make sure others weren't trying to snatch up this awesome find. (PS, there were two more at the Hixson Target...in case anyone else is now in love).

I brought it home, added a small votive candle and some greenery and tied a bit of baker's twine around the mouth of the jar.


A rusty snowflake ornament was the last little touch I needed.


The warm glow makes me giddy.

I am wondering if I can DIY some of these jars since you can buy a mercury glass spray paint. I'll let you know if I give it a try...


Until then, I'll keep smiling at my large shiny jar. 

1 comment:

  1. I want to see you make your own! What a fun morning with a group of friends. Your friend does have a beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete