Saturday, November 22, 2014

A Fall Felt Wreath

The other day both kids were miraculously napping at the same time! I quickly heated up my hot glue gun and got to work on a few crafts I had been dreaming about. Since Thanksgiving week is upon us, I knew that I only had a few days left to add some fall decor to my front door.


I pulled the grapevine wreath from the front door and decided to redecorate it.


I have probably re-done this wreath ten times. It currently had some fabric flowers hot glued to the branches. You can't tell from the above picture, but they had faded badly. I simply pulled them off to make my wreath a blank canvas.


This is actually only half of one of those store bough grapevine wreaths. I  removed the binding that was holding the branches in place. Then, I separated the wreath into two wreaths. I like the thinner, more natural looking wreath form as opposed to the tight structured one. And I also like getting two wreaths for the price of one!


Using this wreath as my inspiration, I cut some leaves from felt that I had left over from some previous projects. If you don't have felt on hand, you can purchase it at craft stores for 25 cents per 8x10 sheet.


My handy hot glue gun held the leaves in place. It's a brighter look, but I was ready for something different for this Thanksgiving week. And I liked the look with my blue door.


If I'm not feeling the bright colors next fall, I can just pull them off and start again. 

1 comment:

  1. I think anything would blow off my door today. The wind is crazy here! Your wreath looks great and I do like that you can change it up easily. Yay for 2 sleeping kids!!

    ReplyDelete