Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy 4th of July with our not-so-small Small Group


For as many years as I can remember, we have celebrated the 4th of July in Florida. But since I am staying close to home during the last part of my pregnancy, we were finally able to go to our small group's annual 4th of July cookout!


As we were waiting for Jeremiah to come home from work, Hudson and I took a few selfies.



At some point though, he decided that I was crazy..


...and he was tired of pictures.


So, I took a pic of his adorable shoes instead.


As we arrived at the cookout, they were lining up the children for the annual group shot!


Hudson and a few other kids were a little leery of sitting in another kid's lap. So, a few of the moms and I decided to hide behind the taller kids in the back.



I am so thankful for this group of families.






I love that our kids will grow up together.




We are so thankful that the Lord led us to this not-so-small Small Group at our church. Interacting with like-minded families on a regular basis is such a privilege.





I love that our kids feel safe with the other parents. I love that we simply just do life together.











And Hudson is making lots of friends...


...who want to sit on his lap sometimes.




Sometime during the evening, Hudson and I had to do a wardrobe change. I had packed for him, but didn't think that I might need the change of clothes too.  Thankfully, Jeremiah had a good ol' Judgment Day T-Shirt (that still fit my round belly) in the car.







Jeremiah and I didn't do as well with our selfie.


But our small group leaders had it down pat!


I was unsure how Hudson would feel about the loud noises of the fireworks, but he really seemed to love the brightly colored lights.






It was a night to remember, for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to hang out more with the lady that has the Cincinnati Reds shirt on! You look great and it looks like a super fun party!

    ReplyDelete