Sunday, March 24, 2013

Book Reviews

I realized the other day that my stack of books to review was piling up. And so, I got to reading.


I was excited to read book three in Tracie Peterson's Land of the Lone Star Series, Taming the Wind. Book one was a little slow, but book two was very exciting. I think book two may still be my top pick out of the series, but I was still interested in the developing characters of this book.

Carissa Lowe, a young widow and her daughter, Gloria move to the are of Texas where the previous two books took place. Tyler Atherton had previously saved Carissa's life and never really been able to get her out of his mind. He starts to show more and more interest in Carissa. But since her first husband was a very bad man, she is scared to surrender her heart to anyone else.

Despite the walls she has built, she is encouraged to tell Tyler of her feelings before he embarks on a long cattle drive. But fear takes over and she keeps her feelings to herself. While he is on the cattle drive, Carissa's feelings grow - and now she is worried that his affections will be focused elsewhere upon her return.

Will she finally find a husband who will support and take care of her? Or did she lose her chance with Tyler? Read the book and find out!

 I am grateful that Bethany House provided this book for reviewing purposes.

If reviewing Christian books seems like something you may be interested in, you can see if you qualify here. You will need to be able to post a review to your own site (such as a blog) as well as to a retailer's site. 

I also attempted to review Susan Meissner's The Girl in the Glass. I tried. I really did.  



Meg had been promised a trip to Italy when she was a child, but her grandmother passes away before the trip takes place. The responsibility of the trip then falls to her father, who is less than reliable. 

I tried 3 or 4 times to get into this book. But I really couldn't get past the second chapter. I'm not sure if it was the author's style or the subject matter. But I was not motivated to continue reading.

Blogging for Books supplied this book, and I am grateful for the opportunity to review for them. You can see if you qualify for this review program here

1 comment:

  1. I didn't finish reading a book that I got recently! Glad you did it too :)

    ReplyDelete