Thursday, October 4, 2012

What can you do with a soup can? Part 1

A few weeks back, I fell in love with the 50th anniversary Campbell's Tomato Soup cans being sold at Target. I knew there had to be something creative that could come out of such adorable cans. So, I printed my coupons (you can find the same printables on the right hand side of my blog - just scroll through the coupons above the "I Heart Comments" pic) and purchased a few in different colors.

I hope to do something creative with the rest of the cans I've purchased, but for now, I've crafted something cute for my sister's kitchen. She uses yellows and blues - and I knew this can would be a perfect fit for her decor. 

I simply emptied the soup from the can (serve it with grilled cheese). Then, I applied a coat of Modge Podge to the label, hoping that this would help preserve it a bit. 

After hot gluing three strong magnets on the back of the can, I was left with an adorable pen holder. 




It seems I can never keep track of the pen near my grocery list. This way, you can store a few on your refrigerator in an adorable way. And for now, the three magnets are proving to be strong enough. 


Have you attempted any projects with these adorable cans? I'd love to know what you're doing with them.  I had a friend send me an idea a few days ago that I am hoping to try...so stay tuned!  

1 comment:

  1. That can is cute. And what you did with it is great! You are creative!

    ReplyDelete