Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You Win Some...You Lose Some

This weekend, I attempted to get back into the creative mode. It has taken me a little while to get back to normal life (Read about our trip to Brazil here and here...more to come!)

I had one successful project and one flop.

While visiting family friends in Ohio, we stayed with Grandma Hefner. She's not really my grandmother, but she has definately been a support and an encouragement to my family throughout the years. It was at her house that I first laid eyes on Fiesta Ware! It was love at first site! And although my dishes are not antiques like Grandma's, I am still thrilled to death to have a set of my very own.


Grandma Hefner also had an adorable winter decoration on her refrigerator.



She made me a pattern so that I could have one of these little guys for my very own.




After a little felt, hot glue, buttons and magnets, Frosty made it to the front of my refrigerator.

If you are wanting the pattern for this snowman, post a comment containing your email address.
I also tried to dehydrate some cranberries - but that didn't work. They were not dried enough and way too tart to eat...but I tried.  I followed my online instructions exactly - but maybe I just need to buy the store bought ones. They are always sweet and delicious.


Have you had any luck with drying fruit in the oven? Or have you had any flops lately with your projects?

1 comment:

  1. I have a few Pintrest projects to look forward to in the next few weeks...love the fridge decor!

    ReplyDelete