Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Cards and Labels

Christmas is getting closer and I've just crossed a few more items off my Christmas to-do list!

My Christmas cards are out! I've started a new tradition - It's worked great the past two years. After Christmas, when all the Christmas-y things are on clearance, I purchased my cards. Ashlee and I ended up getting a fabulous deal on our cards last year at Hobby Lobby. I love to find cards with Scripture inside, and Hobby Lobby carries a wide selection. When I put my Christmas decorations away, I pack my purchased cards with them! Then, there is no hunting for them next year! And I've found I'm a little more motivated to get the cards out.

This year, I love going to the mailbox each day to find out what cards we received. Soon I'll share how we are displaying our cards in the Cook house.

I also wanted to include a picture with our cards this year -something taken inside our home (Since this is our first Christmas in the new house). I love all the photo cards, but they are too pricey to print for my cards. Ritz Photography has an excellent deal that was in my budget. You can get 3 1/2 x 5 inch prints for 6 cents each Tuesday.

Growing up, my dad would make Amy and I design things for church or other projects on the computer. He taught me so much about design and how to maneuver images. Each time I design something on the computer, I am so thankful that my dad thought this a valuable life lesson. For my wedding, I ended up printing my own invitations and many other things. It has saved me so much money in the long run.

After finding several images that I was satisfied with on Pinterest, I came up with this design.


I love that you can see part of our home, the tree, and my big red C!

Also, since we now have a permanent address, I have been wanting one of those fancy, adorable return address stamps. But, picky me can't decide on a design - so I came up with a design for regular old address labels. And to make them fancy, I turned them vertically.


Eventually I'll decide on a stamp design. Etsy even has vendors that allow you to design your own!

So, to my blog reading family,
Merry Christmas!
Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
Love, Jeremiah and Cindy



1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a photo of you in your house since it's your first year there. Congrats on that!

    ReplyDelete