Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Through the Halls of Temple U...

There are certain places that become milestones in my life. Places where I spent a considerable amount of time or learned a specific lesson or gained a lasting memory.



One of those places was Tennessee Temple University. My dad graduated from there. My parents grew so much spiritually while he was attending school. I went to kindergarten and first grade at the academy there. 

RA Training

Homecoming  2010 @ the Aquarium

After traveling on Encounter, I was not sure where I would attend college. TTU wasn't on my list...I wasn't against it. I just hadn't considered it. But I was open to the Lord's leading. Through a few God-orchestrated events, I started attending TTU the Spring semester of 2005.

RA training @ Camp Joy

Fire Drill

College Days

I made lasting friendships there. This week, I started going through tons of pictures. 

Half Priced Appetizers

Student Government Campaigns

Biology...I am so glad Sue Gouge taught us!!

As I sat there reminiscing about moments I had forgotten, I thanked the Lord for the friendships that He allowed me to make there. What a blessing it is to see and hear how those friends continue to serve the Lord today. 

Ashlee's Pregnant!!!

Freshman Riverboat Cruise

Before the Carrels left for Brazil

RA Training

The Lord challenged me and grew me while I was at Temple. He opened doors for me to teach classes, lead small groups, sing solos and disciple girls. 

Weigle Christmas Concert

Lookout's Game

Freshman Orientation as an RA






I was mentored and encouraged by teachers, challenged in my spiritual walk and able to help others come to know Jesus better. 

Twin Day


Women's Jubilee


Women's Ministry Majors with Mrs. Martin

I graduated with my BA in Women's Ministry with a minor in Sign Language in 2008. I received my Masters from the seminary there in 2009. 






My t-shirt drawer is still full of TTU shirts. I had the privilege of answering the switchboard for over five years. I've probably said "Tennessee Temple University, this is Cindy" thousands of times. It seems we are always running into someone who says, "I went to Temple..." 

Sparkle Day

Walk for Life


 

Amigo's 50 cent Tacos

Fire Drill

Riverboat Cruise

I met my husband there. My sister attended and met her husband there. I worked at Camp Joy. I served in the church there. 

Homecoming



Captain Crusader's Fight






Second West Demoss

 


Dorm Meeting


Cafe TTU

Wednesday Night Bowling








Abbigale Ruth

Tacky Day...Scanning in for chapel



Although there won't be any third generation TTU grads in our family due to the upcoming merger, I
can still instill in my kids the values and lessons that I learned while at Temple. The Lord worked in my life and I know that when the time comes for our kids to head to college, the Lord will also lead them to a place where He can grow and challenge them.





TTU has shaped who I am and holds a special place in my heart. 

I am thankful for my time spent there.

Welcome Baby Will


I learned that if I am open to the Lord's direction and leading, He has greater things in store for me than I could ever imagine. His ways truly are the best ways. It's not about me...It's all about Him. 

Through the halls of Temple U
Hear the Savior's call
Send the Gospel to all nations
Show them Christ is all.

1 comment:

  1. 1. why do I always look stoned or exhausted ??!!!! Why didn't someone force me to nap ?! 2. I love that in the pic captioned "Fire Drill", we are all looking like YEAH FIRE!!!! 3. If the alarm was actually going off at that time it is a wonder that Kobe wasn't sitting on my head in fear instead of so calmly in my arms. 4. Such fun, amazing, life changing memories !!!! Good post ! #tbtquote - " a fire doesn't care if you have dye on your hair. you need to evacuate anyway."

    ReplyDelete