Saturday, March 2, 2013

Three Months and counting...

The growth of all babies is appreciated...but when a preemie makes good progress, I feel that a little more cheering is involved.

Hudson is now past the three month mark.



At his last check-up (about 2 weeks ago) he was weighing in at 8 lbs., 3 oz. We will go for a check up next week...I am anxious to see how much he has grown. 


When we would visit him each day in the NICU, I would always look at his weight card, just hoping to see an increase from the day before. 

I was talking to a mom of a preemie last week who was telling me she is still celebrating the weight gain of her son.


I think Hudson is definitely filling out more.  And we love watching his little personality develop.





He's no "chunky-monkey" but there is more meat on those legs than there used to be. (Side note: I am trying to take pictures with natural light now...man what a difference with his month 3 pictures. Slowly, but surely, I'll get this photography thing down.)


According to his "adjusted age" he is around 6 weeks - but he is doing really well. He smiles at us all the time.



He is focusing on objects, and just starting to grab objects in front of him.


He is getting better at holding his head up. And he is staying awake more during the day. We are working on a nighttime routine. He loves bath time and when we read to him. 


We are quite proud of him...and love him more everyday. Thanks, again, to those who have prayed for his progress! To God be the glory!

5 comments:

  1. He really is filling out. Precious little boy. I want to meet him!

    You need to give me photography lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guest room is waiting for you... Come on down anytime!

      Delete
  2. He is so adorable and love seeing his progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel like i need a place for a comment under each picture. I need to caption them . LOL!!

    ReplyDelete