Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Easy Grilled Flatbread

I tried out a new recipe last night, and after one bite, I decided this would become a favorite go-to bread for me. Since it was so super simple, I thought I would share it with you.

I saw the original recipe here. Sandra Lee originally intended this to go alongside some marinated chicken. We were having some salads topped with some leftover spiral cut ham.

INGREDIENTS:
1 can of refrigerated pizza dough
any marinade seasoning combined in oil


I simply selected a packet of McCormick from my pantry and mixed a tablespoon of the mix with some vegetable oil. After rolling out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness, I cut the dough into 8 pieces. After brushing both sides of the dough with the marinade, I grilled the bread on my George Foreman grill for about 6 minutes. The result was delicious.

 
For some reason, everything tastes better with grill marks on it. 

I made a delicious bacon, egg and cheese sandwich with the leftovers for breakfast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment