Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"I will be with you..."

I know that God knows me. I know that He knows the number of hairs on my head. I know that He knows what I'm doing/thinking every moment of the day. I know He knows when I'm going to mess up.  He knows.

Even knowing how well God keeps track of me, I'm still sometimes surprised at how well my Bible reading often matches up with my life situations.

For instance, I have been praying for more opportunities to disciple and encourage women. Whether it is through the mail, facebook or a Bible study, I want to get back to doing what I love to do - leading women closer to the heart of Jesus. Last night, at the end of our date night, Jeremiah and I went into Lifeway to purchase a book for a friend of his. Right as we walked in the door was a book that has impacted me greatly. It was incredibly priced and in an expanded edition. The book, Lady in Waiting, was one that I first read in high school. The purpose of the book is to guide young women to "become God's best while waiting for Mr. Right." I had been contemplating a Bible Study with college age girls and immediately thought that this study would be perfect.


On the way home, I contemplated what night of the week would be best. I tried to decide if I would have it on campus or at our home. Times and door prizes. I was giddy with excitement.

But then, the doubt set it. What if no one wants to come? What if they are too busy? What if they don't want to drive all the way out to my house? What if its a total flop? What if the girls don't know me and don't want to really open up in a group setting? What if?  What if? What if?

God knew I needed to read Exodus 1-4 last night. In this passage, Moses is present with an awesome opportunity to be the messenger of the Lord to the Pharaoh of Egypt. Yet the doubts set it...."I can't speak well. No one will listen to me..." But God gently assured Moses, "I'll be with you." (Ex 3:12)  "Tell the people I-AM sent you." (Ex. 3:14) "Believe me, they will listen to you." (Ex. 3:18)

God knows me - He knows my heart. He knew I was letting doubts overcome my excitement. If God put the idea in my head, He's going to be with me and equip me. Even if it's just for me to learn more about myself and my relationship with Him.

This morning, I am ready to take on the project! I'm making my flyers and writing my emails and planning my snacks and doorprizes...

 "The world has yet to see what God can do with a [woman]  fully consecrated to him. By God’s help, I aim to be that [woman]."                       -D.L. Moody

PS: Any college girls in the area looking for a good study to get plugged into, email me for more details...   sothecooksaid@gmail.com 

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm glad God comforted and encouraged you with His word! His timing is nothing but perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when He does that...I'm not sure why I'm so shocked though when He chooses to speak directly to me.

      Delete
  2. I want to come to the Bible study...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be a bit of a commute. But you're welcome! This book is a good one for discipling girls that aren't married. You should at least pick up a book for your resources while they are only $5 at Lifeway.

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for you, jumping right in to a study and following your call.. Praying for the study, I know you will be a huge blessing to the girls because you are to me! Would LOVE to be in a study that you lead.

    ReplyDelete