Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wait on the Lord

Although I am caught up on my reading plan, I must admit I am a little slow on my posting.

I love how the Bible transcends the ages - Even though these words were written many years ago, I am constantly amazed by how relative it is.

These passages speak for themselves - What great reminders...

And so the Lord says,
      “These people say they are mine.
   They honor me with their lips,
      but their hearts are far from me.
   And their worship of me
      is nothing but man-made rules learned by rote.
(Isaiah 29:13)

I am also loving reading passages that parallel with other passages I am reading -  The Isrealites were constantly cycling through good times and rebellious times. When they tried to do things on their own, they usually found themselves in worse trouble.

“What sorrow awaits my rebellious children,”
      says the Lord.
   “You make plans that are contrary to mine.
      You make alliances not directed by my Spirit,
      thus piling up your sins.
  For without consulting me,
      you have gone down to Egypt for help.
   You have put your trust in Pharaoh’s protection.
      You have tried to hide in his shade."
(Isaiah 30:1-2)

Lastly, I was comforted by these words - God is waiting for me with compassion and mercy. And it's always better if I wait on Him! I love that it seems the people living when Isaiah was a prophet were struggling with some of the same issues that we struggle with today - Waiting on the Lord and letting Him be our guide.


"So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
      so he can show you his love and compassion.
   For the Lord is a faithful God.
      Blessed are those who wait for his help. "
(Isaiah 30:18)
"Lord, help me to wait on YOU for YOUR help! Thank You for your faithfulness! I know I can trust You!"

No comments:

Post a Comment